Planet Data posts open positions from time to time. You may submit your resume to email@example.com. Planet Data is an equal opportunity employer. Only those considered will be contacted.
Current listingsPosition Title: Regional Vice President, Business Development Planet Data, a provider of high quality, proprietary eDiscovery services since 2001, is looking for extremely motivated business development individuals with a proven record of accomplishments. Planet Data has a strong reputation for excellent work and processes, with a major emphasis on client service. The company has maintained a 99% + customer retention rate over the past 5 years. Clients on Planet Data stay on Planet Data! If you are interested in working for a company that offers the highest levels of quality, customer satisfaction and compensation in the industry, this is the dream job! This is an outstanding platform for individuals that can identify new opportunities and turn them into clients. This highly compensated position is for hunters and closers - not account managers. Planet Data is a SAAS provider that offers state-of-the-art eDiscovery processing, and reliable, fully supported hosting centers. The company also provides certified data acquisition services, high-level consulting, technical support and superb project management. We identify and create new technologies, and continually provide new and improved services to our clients. We are particularly excited about Exego - our leading-edge eDiscovery platform. Responsible for new sales activity, from prospecting and lead generation through business close in an assigned territory. Work with the executive team and marketing department to develop and implement an agreed upon sales plan to meet the business goals of the company.
- Direct customer engagement
- Responsible for the sales of Discovery Management Solutions and Services for the legal industry. Specifically: Data Collection, Early Case Assessment, ESI Processing, Hosting, and Managed Review Services.
- “Relativity” hosting experience, document imaging and coding service knowledge a plus. Demonstrates technical selling skills and product knowledge in all areas listed above.
- Be knowledgeable and proficient in giving effective presentations and demonstrations of Planet Data’s software products and services.
- Develops annual business plan in conjunction with the executive team, detailing activities to follow during the fiscal year, focusing on meeting or exceeding sales quota.
- Complete understanding of the Company’s pricing and proposal models. Creates and conducts effective proposal presentations and RFP responses that identify prospects’ business problems, the effects of the problems and the company’s solutions to their problems.
- The ability to carry on a business conversation with Practice Support staff, Attorneys, Business Executives and other decision makers within a law firm or corporate legal department.
- Sell with a consultative approach and make recommendations to prospects and clients of the various solutions to their business issues the company offers..
- Maintain a database of qualified leads through referrals, telephone canvassing, cold calling, direct mail, email, and networking. Maintain accurate records of all sales and prospecting activities including sales calls, presentations, closed sales, and follow-up activities within their assigned territory, including the use of Microsoft Outlook.
- Assist in the implementation of company marketing plans as needed.
- Responsible for identifying and building effective relationships by attending industry related seminars, trade shows and social events to maximize revenue.
- Have sufficient recognition of key competitors, their offerings, and current events.
- Participate and contribute to the development of educational programs offered to clients, prospects and company employees.
- Demonstrate ability to interact and cooperate with all company employees. Maintain professional internal and external relationships that meet company core values.
- Build trust, value others, communicate effectively, drive execution, foster innovation, focus on the customer, collaborate with others, solve problems creatively and demonstrate high integrity.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensures that they are communicated and implemented within the team.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in sales in the Discovery Management industry.
- Experience with enterprise software solutions
- Experience with sales within law firms and corporate legal departments.
- Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements.
- Willingness to travel and work as part of a global team of professionals.
- Proven ability to achieve sales quotas.
Compensation will be based upon a base salary, commission and bonuses. To be considered please submit your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org Resumes with cover letter and salary requirements also accepted via mail/fax:
Planet Data Solutions Inc
555 Taxter Road
Elmsford, NY 10523
or fax to 914-593-6901
Only candidates for consideration will be contacted. EOE. No phone calls please.